5 Amazing Drinks That Relieve Stress
Stress is a common problem many people face daily. Various factors, including work, relationships, and personal issues, can cause it. To cope with stress, many people turn to alcohol or caffeine, but these substances can make the problem worse. Instead, several natural, healthy drinks can help relieve stress and improve your overall well-being.
Drinks That Relieve Stress: 5 Stress-Busting Drinks
Here are five amazing drinks that relieve stress.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea is well-known for its calming and relaxing effects. This herb has been used for centuries to help people relax and sleep better, and it can also help to reduce stress. After a long day at work, this delicious beverage can help you relax by raising serotonin and melatonin levels in your body. Chamomile flowers or tea bags steeped for three to five minutes in hot water make an excellent, soothing night-time beverage.
- Green Tea: Some of green tea’s most notable health benefits are believed to come from two compounds found almost exclusively in the beverage: epigallocatechin-3-gallate, or EGCG, and L-theanine.
EGCG can minimize cellular damage caused by oxidation and improve your body and brain functions. The amino acid L-theanine gives green tea its distinctive flavour and contributes to its relaxing properties. Green tea makes you feel good by releasing chemicals such as serotonin and dopamine in your brain, which can help fight depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Lemon Balm Tea: For centuries, people have used lemon balm to help them relax and sleep better. Lemon Balm tea has a calming and relaxing effect on the body, so it is best taken before bedtime if you suffer from stress or anxiety. To make a glass of lemon balm tea, infuse one tablespoon of dried lemon balm leaves or two tablespoons of fresh lemon balm in boiling water for three to five minutes—strain before drinking.
- Peppermint Tea: When you steep peppermint leaves in hot water, essential oils are released and lend a refreshing flavour and potential health benefits. Peppermint tea also contains several natural compounds that have a calming effect on the mind and body, making it an excellent choice for reducing stress and anxiety. This herb can also help to improve focus and concentration.
- Lavender Tea: Lavender tea is made by brewing the purple buds of the lavender plant in hot water. This herb’s medicinal properties and healing qualities have been known for centuries, but recent scientific studies are beginning to quantify its benefits. Lavender tea is an excellent choice for reducing stress and improving sleep. This tea has a soothing aroma and can help improve mood and reduce anxiety.
Stress is an inseparable part of our lives. How we deal with it makes all the difference. Stress relief doesn’t have to mean “reward yourself with chocolate” or “have a drink of whiskey.” There are many options out there that can help you unwind without making you feel too guilty about it. If you need to relax, try one of the drinks that relieve stress above. Your body will thank you for it.