5 Fun and Simple Ways to Recreate Your Home Decor With Vinyl Lettering
Regardless of whether you want to decorate your home, office or lobby, decorative tiles, clocks, signs and wall words can help you achieve an inexpensive refresh of any space. You can achieve precise handmade expression without the worry and clutter of paint. Wall words, and Vinyl Lettering are especially ideal for decorating apartments, flats or other rented spaces, as they are removable and do not cause damage to walls or other surfaces.
Therefore, it is no wonder that vinyl letters are a fast-growing trend in decorating, allowing you to add your personal touch to any space or art in your home or office. We offer 5 simple ways to make your design dreams come true with vinyl letters. Since we started creating custom vinyl wall letters for clients, I now have the answers to these questions. Here are 5 of the best ways I’ve found to use vinyl wall letters in your home:
- Inspire with words – You can create the atmosphere you want in any room with a custom quote on one of the walls. This is the most well-known use of vinyl letters in home decorating, often referred to as “wall words”. A carefully placed quote can soften the mood in a room or evoke any emotion you seek. Don’t underestimate the power of words in your decorating.
- Order an outline – Another great way to use letters is to use them as an outline. Whether you choose a set of graphic type letters such as flowers, vines or shapes, or you have a set of words, one thing is for sure – the border will lend a certain charm to the room that you could never imagine. Whether you put an outline around the top of a nursery (using the words of a favorite nursery rhyme), or put a grape vine outline around the chair rail in the dining room, your outline is sure to be a hit.
- Draw attention to photos – Another great use of letters in home decor is using wall letters to accent a wall of photos. Few things break up a cluster of photos and draw the eye to them like making a beautiful quote for family, friends, etc. Most manufacturers have pre-designed quotes specifically for this purpose, but you can always get creative and design your own. The only limit to what you can do with vinyl letters is what your own creativity dictates.
- Etched glass – If you’ve ever attended a barbecue with friends and family and lost that special grilling utensil you loved, then you know how important it is to label things. Many people desecrate glass grilling utensils by resorting to a permanent “Sharpie” marker to mark their dishes. However, few people think that you can use vinyl letters as stencils and some inexpensive glass etching cream to etch a permanent and beautiful label on any glass baking dish. Not only will people know who the dish belongs to, but they’ll think you must have spent a fortune (Shh, it’s our secret). Engraved baking dishes also make a great wedding gift for the couple just starting out.
- Banners and signs – While vinyl letters are great for home decor, they can also be used to create banners and signs as well. You can order vinyl banners online and add vinyl letters to them to create a very nice banner. We did this for our son’s baseball team after winning the state championship. You should have seen my son’s face when he returned from the state tournament and saw a congratulatory banner hanging in the front yard (I think he still has it hanging in his room). We have also used vinyl letters to create nice garage sale signs on foam board. They are durable, don’t peel off like the poster board and stand up to the elements.
As you can see, what you can achieve with vinyl letters is only limited by your own creativity While these are just a few of the many ways you can use vinyl letters to add inspirational home decor and create beautiful signs